Visionary entrepreneur and Mexican cuisine specialist with a passion for educating & enriching through culture, food, music and business savvy.
- Expertise Mexican Cultural Experience
- Multicultural Marketing
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Hispanic Retail Merchandising
- Specialty Restaurant & Catering
El Burrito Mercado St. Paul & Minneapolis, MN
- Provide exceptional leadership of store operations, product development, loss prevention, merchandising, marketing and human resources.
- Responsible for the development of retail marketing strategy. Accountable for building strategies focused on growth across market segments for all business branches.
President, Chief Operations Officer 2012-2008
• Chief Operating Officer with a proven portfolio of business growth and success in retail, catering, and restaurants
• Proven strengths in creative strategy development and execution to rapidly drive profitable growth
Director of Marketing/Co-Owner 2008-2013
- Development and implementation of private label marketing for Walk A TacoTM brand through Silva Concessions, LLC serving in major festivals & Target Field, Mpls for MN Twins
- Initiated and effectively developed & lead the rapid and auspicious growth of catering, trendsetting authentic food and unique catering experience offerings.
- Create and productively administer brand awareness and marketing for retail & food location at Minnesota State Fair
Vice-President, El Burrito Mercado Products 2006-2008
- Innovative execution and development of private label El Burrito Mercado Mexican foods
- Extraordinary success in nationwide distribution, a trendsetting pioneer for distributors in ethnic foods
- Practiced effective brand management evident through buyer commitment and customer relations
General Mills Minneapolis, MN
- Supported strategic and tactical brand planning. Provided program and operational management and collaborated effectively across the organization to achieve goals.
- Associate of Marketing 2007-2008
- Contributed to brand growth through innovative marketing approaches to the Fresh Bread Solution team
- Created high-impact promotions, advertising, packaging, sales and operational innovation
University of St. Thomas, B.A. Sociology/Spanish, St. Paul, MN 1994
St. Catherine University, Latina Leadership in the New Millenium, Certificate Fall 2013
- Promotion and coordination of Twin City concerts for Latino music artists: Tito Nieves, Carlos Y Alejandra, Rakim & Ken-y, and Don Omar at Epic Event Center and Myth Event & Concert Center
- Recipient of 2010 MN Hispanic Chamber of Commerce 20 on the Rise, a Hispanic recognition program of rising Latinos under age 40
- Previous community involvement as committee & board member for REDA (Riverview Economic Development Association) and Casa de Esperanza
- Currently on the NEDA Board(Neighborhood Economic Development Alliance) & Board Member of Midtown Global Market
Craig Aizman, President, Core Distribution Inc.
“I was hired by Milissa to help brand, manufacture, and distribute El Burrito Mercado products to major retailers. It was a pleasure working with Millisa,as she was always open to hear new ideas, as well as offer “out of the box” ideas of her own. Honest, dedicated, hard working, along with being a very special person sums Millisa up.”
Uri Camarena, Business Consultant, MEDA
“Milissa is a true and dedicated professional who always strives to do the very best for her customers. Milissa and her team consistently deliver service, delicious and authentic Mexican food at a real value.”
Additional References upon Request